My nutribullet is no doubt my favourite kitchen appliance. I used to sit and watch the ad on the tv a few years ago when I used to be awake late at night (long gone are those days!) and think that I wanted to feel like the people in the ad. Playing tennis and jumping around and looking like they hade limitless energy, whoop!
As it was about 3 years ago, the only place to purchase a nutribullet was on the tv show and I had to wait (extremely patiently) for it to be delivered. I was so excited about my purchase that I drove home to the post office to collect it one lunch break.
Admittedly I have been using it pretty much every day since. Back then when I thought the blade was going to need repair I would stress as you were not able to buy a replacement in the shops so I was anxiously hoping that my blades would hold up before I could order another one from ebay so that I would never go a day without being able to make a liquid breakfast if I wanted to.
I have used the bullet for heaps of different things, many smoothies, many smoothie bowls, babaganoush, turning nuts into power and most recently to crush the spices to make chai lattes. If you have considered buying one of these products, but are not too sure, I can honestly say that you won’t regret it. Go and buy one today, you are missing out not having one. Not to mention that these days you can buy them in Coles, Target and Big W – it is so convenient and cheaper than back when I got my 1st one.
My favourite thing to do with it nowadays is to make a delicious smoothie bowl for breakfast on the weekends when I have a little bit of time to be creative as I am not rushing out the door to work.
This is one of my easiest go to recipes:
Mango Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
1 Add 1 cup of frozen mango pieces to your large mixing cup (Aldi’s are the bomb!)
2. Add 1 frozen banana
3. Top with coconut water until you get to the ‘max’ line
4. Blend until all the chunky bits of fruit are pulverized into a thick liquid (take off and shake before re-blending if you find that the mixture is too thick, or add a splash more water).
5. Pour contents of jug into serving bowl and use a teaspoon to flatten out the surface
6. Add fresh blueberries, cacao nibs, chia seeds, shredded coconut and sliced fresh banana
7. Hop, skip and jump around the whole rest of your day as you have put the good stuff in so you have the energy you need to face the world!!
Image one: Ready to devour!